Monday, July 26, 2010

Super Easy Artichoke Sauce

I just found this recipe, and its on the stove NOW.  Smells great.  I kinda wish I could add a scratch and sniff function to this blog.  I'm not making pasta tonight because I'm lazy and its late, so I picked up some spinach whole wheat spaghetti to toss with the sauce.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 butter
4-6 cloves of garlic minced
1 can artichoke hearts (chopped if desired)
small bunch of basil chopped
1/2 lemon (for juice)
touch of pepper to taste

Melt the butter with the oil in a good sized sauce pan on low.  Add the minced garlic and slowly cook until golden (2-3 minutes).  I chopped my hearts for better distribution in the noodles, then added them to the butter and garlic.  Add the chopped basil and the juice of about a 1/2 lemon.  Simmer for 10 minutes or until you can't stand it any more.  Toss with noodles and add pepper to taste.

Enjoy and Eat! I know I'm about to.

No comments:

Post a Comment